Friday, December 18, 2009

Henry Mike

Repeat Pendant, Silver, 2009


There are many things that I’ve learned in this program. Pretty much everything in the jewellery studio is new to me, from cutting the metal to polishing it and there are many new tools that I’ve laid my hands on for the first time, some I never even thought would work. In the history class, I’ve learned so much, the origins and cultures in the jewellery or metalwork. Techniques used to make jewellery and who, how and when they used it. History had made me appreciate art even more.
What I like about this program is that it’s a hands on program. Working with metal helps me center my emotions or thoughts when I have a “rainy day.” I also like it because I could bring my art to life with metal from paper. That’s what I’ve learned and like about this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment