Friday, December 18, 2009

Kaajuk Kabalik

Fish Hollow Pendant, Copper, 2009


The semester has gone by and quite quickly I might add. I have learned many skills with metal and also some history on jewelry art. Also I have learned many new drawing and art skills along with some business and communication.
What I enjoyed the most was the hands-on part of metal work and jewelry making. Learning skills like chasing, soldering, texturing, polishing, and making my own chasing tools out of tool steel were some of the high lights for me this semester.
Also drawing & design class was great because I learned many styles of drawing such as subtractive drawing with charcoal, perspective drawing with a horizon and vanishing point, and + and – spaces involving shapes.
These were just a few of my favorite parts of the program that I had great fun with, but all in all it was a great experience for this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment