Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Patrick Aula

Bear Hollow pendant, Brass, Copper and Silver, 2009


What I learned this semester:


Start with a material that is copper, silver or brass and make the piece in to a sculpture. The only way to make the material in to a sculpture is to start sawing filing and sanding it. After that anneal and texture or chase the material and make the art. Then polish the piece with green rouge first and wash it with soap to get it clean so that you can polish with red rouge.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick, this is beautiful work! I still treasure my dogteam antler carving that you did in 2006. Many friends are amazed at its beauty. I am so happy that you are in Beata's program. Maybe one day I will be able to buy a piece of your jewellry! Very best wishes, Kathy Mijatovich, Prince Edward Island

    ReplyDelete